Building the European Year of Cultural Heritage Website
Help The European Commission to build the European Year of Cultural Heritage websiteJune 21st, 2017
2018 will be the European Year of Cultural Heritage and the European Commission would like you to let them know what kind of content you would like to see.
The European Year of Cultural Heritage in 2018 will see events, activities and celebrations all around Europe. The year aims to get people interested in and engaged with cultural heritage in all its forms.
Please take the time to answer this quick one question survey. Your feedback will be very useful for them.
Cultural heritage is the fabric of our lives and societies. It surrounds us in the buildings of our towns and cities and is expressed through natural landscapes and archaeological sites. It is not only made up of literature, art and objects but also by the crafts we learn, the stories we tell, the food we eat and the films we watch.
Cultural heritage brings communities together and builds shared understandings of the places we live in. The digital world too, is transforming the way we access heritage.
The European Year of Cultural Heritage aims to:
- encourage people to explore Europe's rich and diverse cultural heritage
- celebrate, understand and protect its unique value
- reflect on the place that cultural heritage occupies in all our lives
European cultural heritage allows us to understand the past and to look to our future. By highlighting cultural heritage in 2018, we will emphasise:
- how it builds stronger societies
- how it creates jobs and prosperity
- its importance for our relations with the rest of the world
- what can be done to protect it